Friday, August 10, 2007

Global Warming Debate Continues

I have not followed all of the controversy on Global Warming really closely. But, from time to time I do read a bit about what others have been saying about it. Not long ago a top NASA official came out and gave his opinion on the subject... that global warming is probably not an issue, and that it'd be arrogant for those who claim the opposite to say that today's environment is optimal. About a year ago, I put up a quick post after reading an older speech given by Michael Crichton that I found thought-provoking.

Anyway, fast forward to today. The Science and Public Policy Institute came out with a press release providing some historical evidence to counter claims made in this recent Newsweek article about Global Warming.

Who knows which side is really right, but I do believe that for the most part, the opinions held by the general population are heavily influenced by how and by whom the data is presented. Most of us really have no idea about the actual science behind much of it. I'm certainly not so arrogant to claim that one side is right or wrong, but as usual, I'm eager to hear cases presented by both sides.

Let's just hope that the 'winning' side, if there ever is one, wins through real science and not for any other reason.

No comments:

Quantcast