Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Taste Of Saturday and Teddy

Didn't do too much yesterday... went over to Santana Row and walked around a bit. Ended up having a light lunch over at Pizza Antica. I've been there a few times, and each time, I've really enjoyed my meal. They serve thin-crust gourmet pizzas, as well as other italian fare. I've only had their pizzas, so I can't really comment on the other foods. Anyway, we ordered the pizza topped with fennel sausage, portobello mushrooms, and roasted onions. Delicious!

After this, I ran a bunch of errands including getting a hair cut. Sorry to disappoint those who liked the shaggy look (you know who you are).

For dinner, we went to Barrio Fiesta in Milpitas. I haven't been there in maybe 3 or 4 years, but it's really got some excellent Filipino food. I'm really glad we went there, as it was really nice to be reacquainted with that cuisine. We went with two traditional dishes... the Kare-Kare (an oxtail and tripe stew), which used to be my all-time favorite, and also the Chicken Adobo. I should go more often. I had forgotten how much I liked some Filipino dishes. Next time, I think I will order a dish with Bangus (milkfish), which was another favorite of mine back in the day.

And, check this out... Teddy: A Sketching Interface for 3-D Freeform Design. I played around with it a lot last night, and I'll be the first to tell you that the applet is very buggy. Also, you will definitely want to watch the video and read the tutorials, but once you get the hang of it, it's a very cool tool. Anyway, check it out.

No comments:

Quantcast