Tuesday, August 15, 2006

While I Was Sleeping

Several things happened while I was sleeping. Who said sleeping was overrated?

Rackable Systems (RACK) sold at 19.43... good for a 3.6% gain. Had an order to sell put in before I headed off for bed last night, and it was filled early in the session.

Home Depot (HD) moved on its earnings report.

American Eagle Outfitters (AEOS) did not fail me with their earnings numbers.

Student Loan Corp. (STU) rebounded after yesterday's drop.

My smallest holding, Kongzhong (KONG), jumped after its earnings report. Looks like it is today's 2nd largest % gainer. In any case, I'm still down quite a bit on this position... it was highly speculative to begin with, so I'm not too surprised. The position is so tiny at current prices that today's move is still rather insignificant.

The Core Producer Price Index came in at -0.3% vs an expected +0.2%. This should help justify the Fed's rate hike pause, and should bode well for the market.

No comments:

Quantcast