Thursday, November 16, 2006

Quick Update

Altria (MO) increased its earnings forecast by roughly 2.7% due to a reorganization of its business in the Dominican Republic. Shares are up nearly 2% on this news. They also reaffirmed their committment to give details of their Kraft spin-off plans at the end of January. Go MO!

Home Depot (HD) boosted its dividend by 50%. Shares are now yielding 2.4%. This is the second time this year that it has done so. As I've said in the past, I strongly believe that a firm's ability to continually increase its dividends over long periods of time is indicative of its earnings strength and quality. I know many of you hate HD, but I believe this stock is worth a fair amount more than its current market price.

I might end up picking up that last position in HD after all. Recall that I had originally wanted to buy in 3 chunks. I was able to get a good price on the first two purchases, but then the stock ran up outside my buying price range, so I passed on the last batch.

1 comment:

gaamblor said...

They've added 4 billion in long term debt this year...doesn't seem like the best time to be increasing the dividend

Its reasonably valued here i'd say

Quantcast