Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Night Out in the City

Yesterday afternoon, QB and I headed out to the new Westfield shopping centre in San Francisco. I mostly wanted to check out the Martin and Osa store, because of my position in American Eagle Outfitters (AEOS). The store was decorated nicely and it looked great. It was sort of a cross between Banana Republic and Abercrombie and Fitch. Unfortunately, there wasn't much of a line at the register. There were definitely people inside shopping, but I didn't see much buying. I asked the saleslady about it, and she said things were actually okay, and that its always tough for new brands as they first start out.



At least American Eagle was bustling and full of happy shoppers. Also, I did check out Wet Seal (WTSLA), and the place had a constant line going at the register counter. I think that Wet Seal might be a good turnaround play in retail, but I'm not yet ready to commit any funds to buying any yet.

Later on, QB and I headed out for a night out with some of her friends and ex-coworkers. The night started out at Citizen Thai and the Monkey on Grant Ave. It was a really good Thai restaurant. We really liked the food. I had their special of the night... Scallops and Prawns in Green Coconut Curry. Delicious! We had been to another similar-tasting Thai restaurant before called Koh Samui and the Monkey, and after speaking with the hostess there, I learned that the restaurants had the same owner.



After the meal, we took a couple of limos over to the Grandviews Restaurant atop the Hyatt. Luckily, the night was clear. What a view from up there!

Anyway, after our desserts. We went to watch the Beach Blanket Babylon show over at the Fugazi Theatre. It's really a fun show, and its content is updated constantly. I had seen the show once before maybe four years ago. The show is full of political and pop cultural humor. They really had a lot of fun with the recent election results and even Kevin Federline wasn't able to escape.

When the show was over we went to Harry's Bar on Fillmore to get a quick round of drinks, and then it was time to head home. It was a fun night to be sure.

No comments:

Quantcast