Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quick Update

Just about to head to lunch, but wanted to toss out this quick update.

Shorted a small Amazon.com (AMZN) position at 41.47. I don't believe it can be worth this much. But, if it moves strongly against me, I'll take a loss. No reason to fight the strong market uptrend, even if I feel valuation is currently lofty.

American Eagle Outfitters (AEOS) kicked some butt and announced solid numbers. The company beat both top and bottom line estimates. Also, they announced a 3 for 2 stock split.

Home Depot (HD) announced numbers that came in a bit lighter than expected. They also their lowered earnings forecasts. I wasn't too impressed with their quarter, but the stock is trading up now after starting off the day on a dour note.

Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) announce their numbers today after the market closes. Hopefully, the AEOS numbers are a good indicator of what to expect here.

No comments:

Quantcast