Thursday, March 06, 2008

Teen Retail Blues

My large position in Wet Seal (WTSLA) is taking a beating today. It's down about 5.5% following the release of its monthly sales figures. The only consolation I have is the block of covered calls I sold on shares back in December, which are now worth less than I received.

In any case, I am not worried about anything company-specific. It's not the only teen retailer that took a beating today. In fact, I think every single teen retailer that I track dropped significantly today.

A smattering of teen retailers, and the changes in today's stock prices...

Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF): -5.5%
Aeropostale (ARO): -5.7%
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): -16.5%
Bebe (BEBE): -5.5%
The Gap (GPS): -4.9%
Guess (GES): -6.3%
True Religion (TRLG): -3.0%
Zumiez (ZUMZ): -14.3%

No comments:

Quantcast