Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Random Life Update

So, I flew down to LA over the weekend for some good times. Pretty much, the plan was to hang out with the peeps, hit up an 'old school' themed party, and also pay my respects to The Godfather (a.k.a. my 6 month old nephew).

Before the party, a group of four of us went out for dinner at C&O Trattoria. The food was good, and I felt the place was also really reasonably priced. Individual sized servings were quite large, which makes me wonder how large a "Gargantuan" sized serving would actually be. I had their Linguini di Mare (pictured below), and it was delicious.


The party was going full blast by the time we got there around 10:30 or so, and there was plenty of malt liquor, a keg of homebrew, and a fair bit of hard stuff to ensure that all would be having a grand time. I wore my favorite T-Shirt... some random dude even took a picture of it, because it is just that awesome.


Tiff came costumed up with her Flavor Flav clock medallion. Rowr didn't have time to dress up, but she was also in attendance, as was Tiff's dude.


By the time we got back I was pretty much borderline out. We ordered some Del Taco, and before I could even eat my Chicken Burrito (after having eaten a taco already), I crashed. I slept soundly until the next day, and then (keeping it real with the old-school theme) I learned about this sweet movie called Fear of a Black Hat. Apparently, this movie didn't do that well when it was released, but from the little bit that I watched of it, it's definitely going on my to-do list... Best Picture winning movies can take their place in line.

Anyway, my tests here just finished, so I guess it's time for me to end this random update. But, before I go, I wanted to say that I broke even on random bets over the weekend. I won an over/under bet on the number of people that would be at the party upon our arrival (I took the over). And, I lost a bet when I set the line on the number of calories some cookie contained... boo!

No comments:

Quantcast