Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Apple Beats

So, Apple (AAPL) beats consensus estimates on both top and bottom, but due to its issuance of conservative Q3 guidance, shares came tumbling down to the $158 range after peaking over $170 in afterhours trading. The bottom line... Apple beats, but is now getting beat up.

I guess the conference call is going to start soon.

Well, there's nothing much I can do at this point. We'll see how the call goes, and depending on how it's trading tomorrow, I will figure out what I want to do with the spread. There's still more than 3 weeks left before expiration, so anything can happen before then.

-- Edit #1 --

Well, I did listen to the call earlier, but since I was at work, I couldn't stay totally focused on it. However, it did seem quite positive to me. Afterhours trading was all over the place. I really have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

That said, I'm not feeling all that uncomfortable right now with my position, but I'm not all that happy with it either. I guess we'll just have to wait for tomorrow to see the truth.

No comments:

Quantcast