Thursday, April 17, 2008

Politically Incorrect Thought of the Day

By now, most of us have run across the 'green' types. Those that want to save the world with fuel-efficient cars, stop pollution, recycle everything, etc. And, I personally don't have a problem with it too much as long as they don't get too up-in-your-face about it.

But, I do know a fair number of those types that are overweight (okay, okay... fat). Trust that I really don't care if you're fat. Some people like to be fat, and there are a good number of fat people that are in better shape than their non-fat peers.

Anyway, this post is not about fat people. It's about fat people who are the really 'green' types. It makes me wonder... are these individuals nothing less than walking contradictions? I mean, they are not efficient. They obviously require more energy than their non-fat counterparts to function in similar fashion. Most everything requires more... more food, more clothing material, more weight added to any vehicle, more soap required to properly wash themselves, and the list goes on.

I don't really mean to pick on fat types, because as I said above, I don't really care. I have fat friends, and I'm even getting something of a belly myself. But, it just struck me that fat people that are really big on the 'going green' thing are best described as walking contradictions.

And, in their honor, here's Green Day's song.

No comments:

Quantcast