Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Honoring A Wheelchair Maker

So, a few weeks ago, three civilians were given the Congressional Medal of Honor Society's Above & Beyond Citizen Award. This is the first year for this type of award.

I'm happy to say that I've actually worked with one of them before... Dr. Don Schoendorfer. He was an engineer/scientist when I knew him. We did speak on a few occasions even after we went on to different things, and he told me about his great low-cost wheelchair ideas. I guess I never did think much more about it since our last conversation (a long time ago), but it looks like things worked out well for him and his non-profit organization, Free Wheelchair Organization.

Here's a short article from the Orange County Register.

Link to OC Register Story

No comments:

Quantcast