Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend Food

Over the weekend, I got to indulge a bit on some fine food. I had a visitor, and so we went out to my favorite steakhouse in the area, Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino. I've been there a number of times before, and every time I dine there, I have been really impressed with the meal, and completely sated. This time was no different.

We shared a half bottle of Pinot for the meal. I don't even really remember exactly which one, since I'm really not much of a wine drinker. Anyway, the meal started off with an amuse bouche of ahi tartare compliments of the house. Next, we had some foie gras that came with a duck confit crepe. The foie gras was very, very rich and overwhelming at times, but it sure was good... because, I don't mind when it's that way.




Along with the foie gras, I had some hamachi shots. Every time I eat at Alexander's I get at least a few of those hamachi shots, because they're so damn good. Maybe I need to try a few new things there, but sometimes when you find something you really like, you just stick with it. This was followed by a raspberry lemonade intermezzo to cleanse our palates.



Speaking of getting the same old (delicious!) thing... that's pretty much what I did when I ordered the dry aged T-Bone steak. And, my dining partner, who had never been before, opted for the petite cut of filet mignon. The meats were cooked to perfection... I really mean it. We also had a side of asparagus with some sort of spicy sauce on top. It was probably the only part of the meal that wasn't superb. The asparagus wasn't bad or anything, and the sauce was delicious, but for whatever reason it just wasn't at the same level as all the other food.



Finally, we had some coffee and a chocolate souffle. I've never had the souffle for dessert before, but I think I might get it again. I really liked it a lot. Though sweet, it wasn't too much to handle. It was just right.


And, for those who have enjoyed Alexander's before... you already know that we also had some cotton candy at the end of the meal. Another extra we got this time was some chocolate popcorn bagged up as a take home. A nice not-so-serious touch, I say.

Well, that's it. I am still a huge fan of Alexander's and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a nice steak dinner.

No comments:

Quantcast