Monday, February 06, 2006

The Weekend

The weekend was pretty much front-end loaded.

So, on Friday night, I went to shoot some pool and play some poker (for no money, even!) at home with a few friends.

On Saturday afternoon, we attended a Chnese New Year's party thrown by a co-worker of mine. Even though I was a bit tired from the night before, it was definitely fun, and I had a good time. There was a lot of karaoke-ing going on, but I didn't take any part in that. Frankly, I don't want to get sued for ruining anyone's hearing. Then, there was some serious Pictionary gaming... girls against guys. Guys won, of course. The first card I draw was udder, which wasn't too bad. My cow looked more like a horse, but my team figured it out. I'm no Picasso, but I did okay.

There was a birthday party Saturday night for Lady E. Started off at her apartment, then we headed out to The Saddle Rack over in Fremont.. Yee Haw! I had heard about the place before, but I had never been. The place was huge, and inside there was a mechanical bull. Pretty nuts. There were more than a few real cowboys there... I mean it was totally entertaining watching a few of them last as long as they did on this ridiculous bull machine. If you like country music at all, it's definitely the place to be. Quite a few people were dressed Western style, and the cowgirls looked a hell of a lot better than the average Silicon Valley partygoer. While the cover was steep, the place did have a few $2 beer specials. I've never really seen such a deal at any place on a Saturday night. In short, I had a lot of fun, but we left a bit early, because I was detecting early signs of a cold.

After a good night's sleep, I avoided any cold that I might have caught had I not allowed my body to rest. Anyway, I spent the day making a list of apartments to check out. Should find a new place within the next 7 to 10 days, and should be ready to move out within 2 weeks. I missed most of the Superbowl, and I only caught a handful of commercials. I wasn't too big on either of the teams, so it's no biggie. I guess that's all.

No comments:

Quantcast