Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Food

I was in LA over the weekend... While I don't have much to say about it, I did want to share some food pictures with all of you.

This is a special homemade dish that was prepared for me... Creme Fraiche with Scallops and Shrimp over Fettucine along with a side of asparagus. It was damn good! Seriously, I would have paid decent money for this dish at a restaurant. It was that good.


Four of us also went to Sushi Gen in Little Tokyo. The quality of the fish was excellent. Really fresh, and so very delicious. The only piece I wasn't a big fan of was the Hamachi. Maybe it was the cut, but it wasn't the awesome melt-in-your-mouth experience. My favorite, Uni, was superb. Oh man, it was so super tasty. Here is a picture of the first platter that we all shared.


I also got to try a couple cakes over at Jin Patisserie. One of them was a pistachio flavored cake with raspberries, and the other one was a chocolate cake dubbed The Oriental. Both cakes were quite good, but I think the pistachio one was the better of the two. The one bummer was that we were planning on trying their macaroons, but we got there a bit late, and they were all sold out. I'd be willing to go there again, but if I do, I'm definitely going to go early.



And, before I left, I helped bake some bread. Here are a few pics showing the progression from dough to risen dough to finished product.





I really miss having nice food, so it was certainly a great weekend for me in the food department. Anyway, that's it. Hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed indulging.

No comments:

Quantcast