Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend + Two More Days

This last weekend has been fun for the most part. Friday night, we went to Double D's in Los Gatos for some food and drinks. The pastrami sandwich I had was really tasty.

Saturday, we grabbed a late lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory in San Jose. I haven't been there in a while, and I've always had a reasonably priced meal there. Brings back old memories... the first dinner date I'd ever gone on was at the Old Spaghetti Factory in good ol' Riverside. Later that night, we hooked it up with some steak fajitas.

Today, I played in the Online Bloggers Poker Tournament. I got busted out pretty early. When all the money went in I was an underdog with red Aces versus T9 suited clubs on a J85 flop with 2 clubs. The turn came a Q, and I was out.

Good thing I got busted out early, because there was plenty of fun to be had. Anyway, I went and got a much-needed haircut. The lady over at Fantastic Sam's asked me if I had graduated from school yet. Instead of answering her question, I asked her about all the white hairs that are now starting to spread like a plague on the sides of my head. Stress can really do some damage to your hair. I always thought it was bullshit... it's not.

After the haircut, we checked out Dolphin Pet Village nearby. That's one nice pet store. The fish are just really healthy and the tanks are well-kept. I'll be going back there in the near future for new fish. Right now, I've only got a couple electric yellow cichlids and a zebra obliquiden.

Next, we hit up Katie Bloom's for a late afternoon calimari snack and some drinks... had a couple glasses of Murphy's stout, and it was good. The weather was perfect. Not overly warm, and just breezy enough to make everything wonderful. Also, there was this table next to ours that had 6 super hot Russians. Seriously, the worst one was a strong 7. And, that's before we started drinking.

Finally, we get home and we cooked up some chicken and steak on a mini-barbeque grill outside. Technically, I'm not supposed to be doing anything of the sort on my balcony, but I figured a small mini-grill was going to be okay. And, I do mean small... it's this "el cheapo" grill I got for $9.99 at Rite-Aid. The meat came out great, since it was marinating over the weekend.

Oh, and TWO MORE DAYS, before we head out to Ixtapa with Spud, his wife, and the GZA of 12th Street, and his wife. Six of us will be partying hard at an all-inclusive resort.

In case you aren't sure where Ixtapa is... if you've seen Shawshank Redemption, then you must recall Zihuatanejo. Ixtapa is right next door. I can't wait. I really am in need of a vacation.

No comments:

Quantcast