Monday, March 08, 2010

Silver Bar Arrival

So, the Johnson Matthey 100oz silver bar arrived last week. I didn't realize that it would take as long as it did due to having to wait for a personal check to make it to them and clear the bank. One thing that I have to say is that Apmex customer service was great (both on the phone and over online chat), and they were really good about updating the status of my order promptly.

In any case, if anyone is interested in buying precious metals, I would definitely give Apmex a try. As for my shameless ad plug... if you are interested in precious metals, try clicking on the gold/silver related banner ad that is very likely to show up above this post. I don't have any experience with Goldline or any of the other advertisers, but you might as well check them out too and form your own opinion.

Now, for a pic... this is what just under 7 pounds of silver looks like.


It's not that large physically (roughly 6" x 3" x 1"), but it's definitely a lot heavier than you would think just looking at it. Anyway, if silver comes back down I will probably add a few more bars. But, at current prices, I'll stay away.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is your trusted silver and gold dealer. You will be provided with competitive, up-to-minute pricing and they will make sure that your bullion is delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.

Quantcast