Thursday, May 14, 2009

Movies

So, I watched two more movies to continue the Best Picture Quest. I saw Gandhi, which was the winner from 1982, and remaining in the Indian domain, I watched this year's winner, Slumdog Millionaire, too.

Gandhi was long. It told a good story, but it wasn't ever really all that exciting and though I was never bored by the film, it didn't really keep me that interested. It's a good film though in that it tells the story of his life, and if you, like me, didn't know that much about him and what he did, it was definitely informational.

Slumdog Millionaire was really well done, I thought. The movie basically gives you a glimpse of a really rough life for the protagonist that gave him the necessary life experiences to win the grand prize of a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game show. The film did really well with balancing out a love story and all the various struggles of a homeless and exploited child. I recommend this one for pretty much everyone.

Outside of my quest, JC and I went to the movies and saw the new Star Trek movie. I thought it was really good, and I enjoyed it. I wouldn't consider myself a Star Trek fan, but I am quite familiar with the old series. I thought the Spock character who was played by that Sylar guy in Heroes was excellent. And, as a bonus, you get to learn Uhura's first name. So, if you haven't seen it yet, go check it out. There's no real prerequisite for this one, as they pretty much explain everything and provide all the background necessary to enjoy it.

No comments:

Quantcast