Sunday, November 22, 2009

Punk Bands and Homemade Sushi

I went and saw a friend's punk band, Culo a Boca, perform over at the Retox this weekend. Ya, ya, I know what you Spanish-speaking people are thinking... and ya, I agree that it's a fairly vulgar name for a band. I mean, would you want it any other way? To add to your horror, one of their songs is titled Two Girls, One Cup. Ha ha.

Anyway, it was a good show, and it was definitely a fun night out especially given that beers were cheap there ($2 PBR, $3 for other domestics). Though their band was headlining that night, we got there a little early to check out a couple of other bands that played... the Formaldebrides and hmm, I can't remember what the name of the other one was.

Saturday rolled around, and we attempted to make some of our own sushi. Neither of us had any experience, but JC had the required tools already, so that was nice. All I can say is that I now know that making good looking sushi is harder than you'd think. After a few failures, we managed to make an Unagi cut roll that didn't look like a kindergarten art project. And, we also made some Uni pieces, because it just tastes awesome.

Here are a couple of pictures showcasing the results of our effort.


No comments:

Quantcast