Monday, April 25, 2005

Introduction

It is now 12:10AM, Monday April 25, 2005. This post is my first foray into blogdom. I am currently unsure where this initial post will lead me or anyone reading, but we'll find out soon enough... together.

Hmmm. What am I doing right now? I'm playing Scrabble online, listening to some Crystal Method, and playing on Pokerroom.com to clear a bonus. I may as well use this time to let you all know how much I despise the user interface on that site. It is absolutely horrible.

First, you cannot disable the animation. So you have to sit through a dealing of the cards, which is utterly pointless. One of the appeals of playing online is that you do not have to wait for anything. No shuffling, no dealing, no physical stacking of chips, and no having to wait for a dealer to read the hands shown down declaring a winner. So, why must we be forced to sit through this? I simply don't get it.

Second, there doesn't seem to be a nice way to quit out of the game at your blinds. You have to be very aware to sit out when you are Under The Gun.

Last, only allowing 2 tables to be run simultaneously is definitely sub-par when compared to other sites.

OK, I suppose I'm done with my venting. I still have quite a few more hands to go to complete my bonus. I also have a Party Poker bonus to take advantage of next week. So many online poker bonuses, so little time.

Stay tuned for the next installment of my adventures.

Note: Due to the instability of my internet connection, this introductory post is being published at 8:56AM as I wait for the cable internet guy to show up and provide me with a stable line.

No comments:

Quantcast