Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday Splash

I just got back from Raging Waters -- San Jose not long ago. We got there at 3pm for the special discount price, and also for the shorter lines. I haven't been to a water park in many years... I was a teenager the last time. So, I really didn't know what to expect as an adult.



I guess I'm still a kid at heart. I really had a great time, and most of the slides were a lot of fun. My favorite one was the Dragon's Den, which I think is their newest attraction. It's got a pretty steep drop inside a tunnel, and then you're spit out into this watery vortex that takes you around in circles before you are eventually sucked down into the bottom.

Anyone in the Bay Area that's looking for some water-filled fun, I highly recommend the Raging Waters right next to Lake Cunningham in San Jose. The 3pm discount price is only $19 a person. Food inside the park isn't outrageously priced either. We enjoyed a brownie fudge and oreo cookie sundae for less than $5. It was large and could have easily satisfied three people. I also noticed that burger meals were going for $4-6, which isn't bad for an in-park price.

No comments:

Quantcast