Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's an X360 Weekend

Well, other than blogging the brief Portfolio Checkpoint, I basically spent the weekend playing the Xbox 360. I got a couple of new games... Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires.

I guess the Dynasty game got mixed reviews. But, the negative critics were simply underwhelmed, because it is similar to the earlier versions. Being a first time player, I really enjoy the game. It's a decent mix of strategy and hack-and-slash.

Ghost Recon... WOW. It's pretty friggin' awesome. Really realistic and awesome all around. I really suck at it, because there's just a lot to learn about the game and how to play it. This game will end up costing me a lot of money, but whatever. Poker is going on hold while I play this game. I haven't tried playing multi-player online yet, but I will soon.

I did end up watching Superman Returns this weekend... it was alright. Not bad, but certainly not anything as cool as Ghost Recon. I might have been a ton more impressed if I had watched in at an IMAX theatre. Actually, what might have been more impressive is if I had invested in IMAX Corp. back in September of 2001 at 60 cents a share... would be a nice 15-bagger at its current price of $9. October 12, 2000 was a sad day in that company's history. That day, the company's stock plunged to $4.28 from $14.50 following a serious earnings warning. It continued to fall to the 60 cent range, and has since recovered somewhat. Okay, sorry for talking stock.

No comments:

Quantcast