Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Random Gift

So, I found a 'You weren't home to sign for the delivery' UPS slip at my door on Monday night. Not knowing what the package was, since I had not ordered anything, I asked UPS to hold the package for me. I had until the end of the week to pick it up at my convenience.

What a hassle for an unknown package.

Well, I just got back from picking it up... it was definitely worth the trip to the UPS Service Center. Turns out it's a 30GB iPod Video from the brokerage that handles my trading portfolio, TD Ameritrade. Why did they send me this gift? I'm not really sure.

Perhaps there was some promotion that I lucked into. All I got was a form letter saying thanks for being a valued client, and thank you for your recent deposit. Now, I regularly deposit (and withdraw) from my trading account, so I did not do anything special. I'm not even sure which deposit(s) triggered this act of gift-giving. But, I don't care... I've got an iPod Video.

The next question is whether or not I really have a use for one, or if the gift serves me best in the form of eBay-generated cash. I'm such a luckbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happens to me all the time.

After a while, I had more IPODs than those silly AOL CD's everyone else gets in the mail.

I use them as paper weights.

Quantcast