Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Quick Update

Well, here I am working from home. The LCD TV is getting delivered today. I picked up some HDMI cables online for really cheap already, but they probably won't get to me until later this week. Anyway, I'm hoping the television is all it is cracked up to be.

Okay, so yesterday sucked, but today's been great. On top of the market staging a broad rally, one of my holdings, PH Glatfelter (GLT) announced good earnings today. From what was said in the conference call and press releases, their Chillicothe mill operations are paying off. While I wouldn't say that all the news was absolutely great, it was generally good. Higher input costs continue to hurt them, but the company seems to be doing an adequate job at mitigating the effects of those increases through charging higher prices and also cost reduction and efficiency improvements.

*** Edit #1 ***

Okay, well it's here. The cable picture is horrible... lots of ghosting, etc. But, my roommate already warned me of this. My current cable box does not do HD, and so there'll likely be picture issues. The XBox360 in HD looks nice, and the built in content (photos, games, cooking recipes, etc) look great. So, I'm pretty sure it's not the TV. I guess I'll have to go swap my cable box some time tomorrow.

No comments:

Quantcast