Saturday, August 09, 2008

My Green Thumb

Okay, so I lied. I really don't have much of a green thumb.

When I first bought my place, it came with a playhouse in the backyard. Since I've got no kids, it was pretty useless to me. So, I gave it away to a co-worker maybe six months ago or so. What was left was this empty patch of dirt. I kept telling myself that I probably should do something with that space... maybe start a small garden.

That's just what I did. Last week, I did some research about what could be planted in late summer, and I went and got some lettuce seeds and peas to plant. I put in a little bit of effort to plant them all, and today I went out there to see that the lettuce has sprouted. I hope the peas will come out soon, but I think it'll be a while since they were planted a good deal deeper.

This is my first attempt at any sort of actual gardening. The only things I've ever planted were palm trees that have grown into magnificent trees back at my parents' place. But, that doesn't count for much, since all I did was plant them and never did anything with them again.


No comments:

Quantcast