Tuesday, January 08, 2008

35 Down, 45 To Go

I'm taking a quick break here from work... I've been putting in some pretty long hours recently.

Anyway, my quest continues...

Since my last update on this matter, I watched 4 more Best Picture films.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest -- I went into this one with only a vague idea of what the story was about. Obviously, I've never read the book. After watching this, I don't think I really want to either. It's just not a story that I can really get into. The movie was slightly disturbing, but not really in a way that was the least bit interesting. I don't think it was horrible or anything, but I really don't understand why this one would be Best Picture material.

Chariots of Fire -- This movie I liked quite a bit. I felt it was well-acted, and I sort of liked the idea of two separate protagonists each with their own stories. The movie sort of had an inspirational feel to it, not so different than that produced by the classic, Rocky. I think it also helped my enjoyment knowing that this was based on true events.

Chicago -- Here's another one that I enjoyed. Before I continue, I should say that generally speaking, I like musicals. The storyline was fun and not really serious despite the fairly serious topic of incarceration for a capital crime. The music was good, and I'd say that I was thoroughly entertained for a couple of hours.

The English Patient -- Awesome cinematography does not an awesome movie make. I really didn't get that into this movie at all. While the details of story were not super predictable, I felt that you could pretty much see where the story story was headed. I don't know what others think about this one, but I was honestly a bit bored. And, at no time did I really connect with any of the characters on an emotional level, which I think would be required for a movie like this one to succeed in my book.

I've now completed 1990 - Present. Only 45 more to go! Ha ha.

No comments:

Quantcast