Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Relieved

Well, I was ready to lighten up on some of my overall portfolio, but then I saw that the FTSE had recovered sharply from its sell-off and then there was the emergency 75bp rate cut. So, I basically didn't do anything today (except gambled a little bit on Yahoo! (YHOO) and did pretty well... more luck than anything else).

I might still be lightening up on some positions in the days/weeks to come, but I haven't decided yet. Will wait and see, I guess.

So one crazy thing about today is that most of my positions are actually up despite the overall negative market. Probably says a lot more about how my positions are mostly in beat-up states than anything else. But, I'll take it.

Anyway, I guess all my worrying from the night before was all for naught.

And, if anyone missed Cory Bear's comment on my previous post, I think it's good to keep things in perspective. It really would suck a lot more if you were on the verge of retirement prior to a major market correction. Then again, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be that overweight in equities if you're really close to retiring.

That's all for now... I'm off to get an awesome lunch with the money that I didn't lose today.

No comments:

Quantcast