Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Portfolio Today and a Few House Pics

As most of you know, I had to do a large amount of selling in order to close on the house I recently purchased. Here is what the Long-Term Portfolio's allocation looks like at the moment. I hope to be adding more funds and spreading out a few purchases soon to help reduce the high concentration.

Altria Group MO 30.1%
Student Loan STU 13.2%
General Electric GE 12.4%
First Marblehead FMD 9.8%
Glatfelter GLT 8.3%
Eastman Kodak EK 8.1%
International Game Tech. IGT 6.9%
Fortune Brands FO 6.6%
Yahoo! YHOO 4.7%

So, there you have it. That's what the portfolio looks like after today's market sell-off. I still hold Compucredit (CCRT), eBay (EBAY), and Wet Seal (WTSLA) in the Trading Portfolio. Only EBAY is a currently up for me, the other two are solidly underwater.

Anyway, I'm going to put up a few random pics of the house. If you are on Facebook, I have put up a much larger collection there. So, find me and friend me if you care to see more.

Some background... the house has 4 bedrooms and a completely built-out loft, which will most likely act as a game room, and it has 2 1/2 bathrooms. It is also fully upgraded and is already professionally landscaped. This really helps, since I'm not so handy. Though, I did spend a good chunk of time sealing the granite counter tops over the weekend.

Aside from the house itself, the lot is small, and nearby houses are packed pretty tightly... I'm lucky not to have my backyard butting up against a neighbor. Well, that's the Bay Area for you. We pay such a disgusting premium up here compared to most of the country.

Enjoy the pictures!

View from Upstairs Window


Master Bathroom


Kitchen


Game Room / Loft


Bedroom / Office


Half of the Backyard

No comments:

Quantcast