Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Say Cheese!

I was pretty anxious this morning waiting for the Eastman Kodak (EK) earnings release. Now, I can let out a sigh of relief. Kodak managed to post a profit of 0.44 a share excluding one-time items. This was 25 cents ahead of the consensus estimates. We're not out of the woods yet, but it looks like the ship is now heading in the right direction. I've bet a lot on this turnaround, and maybe, just maybe this is the start of something big. I was fully ready to dump the entire position today had the numbers been disappointing. Just glad that I don't have to make that decision... it would have been a sad day.

In other parts of the long-term portfolio, Equity Office Properties (EOP) also posted earnings today. Excluding non-recurring items, they came in 2 cents ahead of estimates at 0.53. They did lower this year's earnings numbers, but guided their numbers in-line for FY2007.

That's it for now... too bad I never did move on Nuance (NUAN). I see they're ticking higher today after increasing their outlook for the 4th quarter. Still on the watch, but I'm not going to be chasing this issue.

*** Edit ***

I managed to flip some shares on a day trade of Akamai (AKAM) for over $1 this morning.

Added Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) to the Trading Portfolio at $21.20 today as well.

No comments:

Quantcast