Monday, October 30, 2006

Labyrinthine Maize

Last night, QB and I hit up the MAiZE over at the Ardenwood Historic Farm. Neither of us had ever been there before, and we figured that we might as well check it out since we were planning on grabbing some burgers at Fuddruckers in Union City. The burgers were great. I've always loved Fuddruckers, even back when I lived in Laguna Beach. The only thing that was disappointing was that they no longer served ostrich burgers. But, the cashier lady told us that the Emeryville location still did... but, that's just too far away. After finishing up our food, we went off to the cornfield.

So, we get there around 7:15, and finally entered the maze around 7:30. You really do get lost in there as the cornstalks are 8 to 10 feet tall. And, to make things even more difficult, we didn't think to bring flashlights. There were a lot of people there, lots of younger kids, but quite a few adults as well. From time to time you run into some signposts with hints, but I personally didn't find them too helpful. Anyway, we finally made it out of there about 45 minutes later. Not sure I'll do it again, but if I do, I'll be sure to wear warmer clothes and bring a flashlight.

No comments:

Quantcast