Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Quick Trade and Poker Update

Took the loss on the XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) call options. Dumped them in the morning at 0.95, a loss of 1.45 per contract. I guess I should have taken the profits while the profits were good. What a sucker I am. I'm still sick, so I haven't had much market enthusiasm lately. Hopefully, that'll change soon.

In poker news... I have set a new goal for myself. I'm going to earn enough Frequent Player Points to get me the Ipod Nano from PokerStars. I have 8000 FPPs right now. After I earn 700 more this month, I will be promoted to a SilverStar on that site. That allows me to earn FPPs at a 150% rate for all of April. And, if I'm able to get to 4000 FPPs by the month's end, I will be able to earn them at 200% rate as a GoldStar. I figure the Ipod will be mine some time in April or May. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you were in the money by a real small amount and for a short period on them calls. For the most part, you’ve been out of the money on them. Hey @ least you got something back for them now that they still have intrinsic and time value. Don’t beat yourself up too much on that.

Yeah good luck with landing the iPod nano. 16,000 FPPs’s doable. Not like http://www.pokerstars.com/FPPStore/porsche.html. How many lifetimes would you need to accumulate enough points to land that baby?

Get well soon playa.

Plus you haven’t been getting on Trillian all that much.

Quantcast