Monday, March 13, 2006

The Past Few Days

So, over the weekend, I was still a bit sick. But, I managed to try out a new sushi place nearby called Michi Sushi. It simply wasn't that good, especially considering the prices there. I'll give it an A for presentation, but overall the meal rated about a C. The quality of the fish was not as good as it should have been, and the food service was slow on top of that. To their credit, they did provide extra snacks to compensate for the long food wait.

Being sick, I pretty much stayed home all weekend. I did read One Of A Kind: The Rise and Fall of Stuey "The Kid" Ungar, The World's Greatest Poker Player. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and I felt that it did a good job keeping the story going. Even non-poker players might enjoy this tale of excess. Check it out if you want to see yet another story telling all of us why (hard) drugs are bad.

Finally, today Capital One Financial (COF) announced that it is acquiring North Fork Bank (NFB) in a cash plus stock deal. This is the first time I've ever owned stock in a company that was acquiring another company that I owned stock in. I'm pretty much going to let the acquisition take place, which will convert each share of NFB into 0.2216 shares of COF along with $11.25 in cash. I guess it's time to find another regional bank to invest in.

No comments:

Quantcast