Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beginner Food Challenge: McNuggets

Tomorrow, I will attempt to finish 40 Chicken McNuggets in an hour.  Compared to what true eaters can do, this is weaksauce, but it's a start.  I have a little money on the line, but it's more of a pride thing.

It's not too bad on paper... in terms of calories, we're looking at 1840 total, but I guess one really bad point is the 4000 mg of sodium.  Nothing dangerous, but it can't be good for you.

I've obviously not prepared in advance for any of this, but I think it should be doable.  We'll see.  This all started with me talking out of my ass, so now it's time for me to put up or shut up.

Some pics/video likely to follow.

One last thing.  To put into perspective how weak this challenge is, the world record for 5 minutes is 80 chicken nuggets.

Update: Results Here

1 comment:

Duke said...

CY told me last night that it was 5 minutes that you had, and I said that there was no way in hell that you can do it. Even with an hour I think you'll have issues with stomach size. I'd be shocked if you cold hold down 25 of them. Sodium and stuff is irrelevant, think volume.

To pump yourself up consider watching Cool Hand Luke.

Quantcast