Monday, December 03, 2007

Wet Seal Analyst and Investor Day

I did listen to the replay of the Analyst and Investor meeting over the weekend. It was a lengthy presentation and Q&A session, and it went over a lot of material. While there were many areas where details were light, the bottom line is that there is a lot of low-hanging fruit to be picked with respect to improving the company's profitability and margins.

I think that despite the near-term pummeling that I've received, I still feel good about the prospects. In my opinion, the plan, as it was laid out, has a real chance to make a difference. To me, their analysis of the weaknesses of the current business was good... maybe not great, but the new CEO has been in charge for less than 2 months. This turnaround plan sounds a hell of a lot better than the one that Hot Topic proposed in the past.

I'll be holding all my shares... good luck to me.

No comments:

Quantcast