Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Omahahaha... Telemarketers

So, last year I ordered some meat from Omaha Steaks as a gift. Well, the food was fine, but here's why I will never order anything from them ever again. They basically start hounding you with a ton of phone calls. For a while, I couldn't figure out who was calling me from the 402 area code. Then one day I searched, and I learned it was a number from Omaha Steaks.

The telemarketers they hire never leave any voice mail. They definitely wait to get you on the phone, and then they try to sell you stuff. I guess that's how that whole industry works, so it's probably totally standard. Anyway, I finally picked up when they called today, and I told them politely to take me off whatever list it was that I was on. We'll see if they honor that.

Too bad they happened to catch me at a busy time, so I didn't get to try the Telemarketing Counter Script. If anyone does try it, please let me know about your experience. Here it is below... I stole the image below from some page called EGBG.

I am putting an image of it here (click to enlarge).

No comments:

Quantcast