Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mutiny, Cookies, Dinos, and More

As I mentioned previously, I was sick over a good part of the holiday weekend... many miles away from home down in LA. Still, despite my less than prime condition, I had fun and managed to do a few things other than relax and sleep.

I baked some cookies from scratch for the first time in my life. Turns out it's really not that hard to make cookies. It makes me wonder why there's such a thing being sold at grocery stores as cookie-making mix. In the spirit of our country's independence, I created a George Washington cookie. It may not look like much, but I assure you, it is indeed our country's first president.


I also made some progress on my Academy Award Winner Quest. I watched the 1935 Oscar winner, Mutiny on the Bounty, starring Clark Gable. The movie was good and did a decent job developing the characters. Long ago, when I was pretty much still a kid, I had read a book about the Bounty. But, for some reason, I never realized it was a true story.

I also got to grub on some Risotto with Peas and Squash, as well as a tasty apple crêpe. I did have some Potato and Leek soup too, but I forgot to take pics.



After I felt a bit better, I took a long walk and ran into a scary carnivorous dinosaur. Lucky for me, I was able to blind him with my flash and escape unscathed.


Talk about a big scare. Anyway, that's it.

No comments:

Quantcast