Thursday, July 05, 2007

Quick Update and a Fun Game

So, I dumped the Penson Worldwide (PNSN) at 19.25 for a significant loss.

Okay, now that the bad news is behind us, let me just say that I started playing the computerized version of a board game called Carcassonne on the XBox360 Live Arcade. It's really a fantastic game. I would think that playing the physical board game version would be sort of a pain when it came to keeping score, but I don't really know that for sure.

The game is chock full of strategy and has a ton of replay value. If you enjoy strategic board games, you've got to give this game a try.

To Womper, who played a bunch of games with me the other night... let's play more ASAP. I still want to see you crush me. To PapaRappa... go buy this game. It's only like $10. Then we can do a 3-player game.

And, in other news, it looks like I might get back the money I spent on repairing the XBox. In a news release today:

Microsoft said it would extend warranty coverage to three years to cover the problem and would reimburse customers who had previously paid for repairs related to the three-flashing-lights error message.

3 comments:

FaNTaSyLiLy said...

See... this is why you should be optimistic. Everything in life is not as bad as you always think and will be better. So why worry and get pissed off for nothing? In the end, it all works out...

c'est la vie

IdiotFriend said...

That's awesome! I've actually played that game as a board game and i already know it is a ton of fun. I'll make sure to pick it up next week when I get back. You guys should check out settlers of catan as well.
I'm sure you've already heard but in case you haven't microsoft extended their warranty on the xbox. If you had to pay for repairs you've got a refund coming.

-Paparappa

IdiotFriend said...

LOL guess I should have scrolled to the bottom of your post. Sorry I was on a mobile device :)

Quantcast