Friday, August 04, 2006

Streaks Eventually End

Well, not much to report... I dropped a little over a rack tonight at Bay 101. Lost with all of my big pairs except for QQ. No draws came in, and I never picked up any nice pots. C'est la vie.

In other news... Apple (AAPL) is going to get pummeled tomorrow. After the market closed, they released some bad news about earnings restatements due to improper options pricing practices. At least I have today's gains to offset tomorrow's likely losses. American Eagle Outfitters (AEOS) continued to show strong sales growth, and keeps on trucking.

New on the radar is Universal Corp. (UVV). It recently sold off its lumber business and will be focusing more on its tobacco supply and agricultural snack businesses. After a quick look, it looks inexpensive with serious potential. That said, I am not yet ready to take a position in it. Need to do more research. At the very least, I want to wait to hear what they have to announce at their upcoming quarterly earnings call.

No comments:

Quantcast